Over the course of the past several years, I have had the privilege of speaking at some of FamilyLife's orphan conferences. If you are looking for a way to get your church involved, these conferences are a great introduction to starting a church-based orphans ministry. I've provided information and links below, and you can click on the badge to go to their site.
I highly recommend these conferences to you and your church leadership.
YOUR CHURCH AND THE ORPHAN
You have been dreaming of ways your church could make a God-sized impact for the orphan. You have wanted to do something, but you didn’t know how to begin. We created this workshop for you.
Your Church and the Orphan™ is a powerful, interactive, and fun one-day event that will bring together a group of passionate like-minded people from your church to pray, dream and learn about how God might want to use your church on behalf of the orphan.
This informative, biblical, and hands-on group workshop experience will serve as a catalyst to help your church launch a ministry to orphans. Here are the answers to some questions you may have:
What will the schedule include?
- Eight steps to launching an orphans ministry in your church
- Creatively guided prayer and discussion times that will get your church well on its way to a plan for launching a church orphans ministry
- An overview of key organizations that can help your church orphans ministry do what God calls you to do
- Useful tools to help you take your next steps
- Opportunities to interact with other churches in your area whose members share the same passions as you
Who should come?
Any follower of Christ who wants to explore how their church can make a difference for orphans and waiting children.
How many people from my church should come?
Anywhere from 3-12 people is ideal. But, if you have more than 12 sign up, certainly feel free to bring everyone.
Can I come alone?
Yes. However, this workshop has been uniquely created with team interaction in mind. Therefore, if you are planning to attend individually or with one other person, you will be seated together with other individual attendees to maximize your workshop experience.
When and Where?
Check out our workshop schedule.